Ex-Gabrielle and New African Wave to be Watched, and SW Atlantic to Remain Active

Posted by Levi at 7:29pm on September 7, 2013

If you are having trouble viewing the embedded video below, try the direct Youtube link.

20 comments

Comments

• Greg says:

Thank you.

• StormW says:

Nice update Levi!

• Andrew says:

Hey Storm! How have you been. It’s been a long while. I went to Southeast Asia to experience the monsoons.
      Do you have a website or blog anymore? You, Levi and Joe B are my favorite forecasters. When I left, you had just left the big name blog.

• Anonymous says:

Thanks for that. Very informative.

• Dave P. says:

Contributing factors to the absence of hurricanes so far are dry, stable and sinking air over the central and eastern tropical Atlantic/Any way to predict this phenom. in advance?

• Tim says:

Good stuff, Levi… if I might ask a favor, though… I wish you would stop calling the lack of hurricanes this season a “problem”. I realize it’s boring weather aficionados to death, but to us residents of Eastern NC, the lack of hurricanes this season is a blessing. Just sayin’….

• Levi says:

The word “problem” refers to the conditions impeding hurricane formation. It does not mean that the lack of hurricanes is a “bad” thing.

• Brandon says:

Thanks Levi

• Anonymous says:

Thanks candi

• Charla says:

I think I recognise the reedar, and if it’s who I think it is then he is indeed a wizard of sorts. He’s an academic who researches (among other things) the relationship between magic, science and religion in early modern Europe. Knowing academics, his mirth was probably caused by a translator’s error or a wry footnote :)

• Susie R Shows says:

Thanks candi

• Kim says:

Thanks Levi!

• John says:

Seriously Tim….Come on dude…. All of here in the FL panhandle new what he meant. Pretty self explanatory.

• Gary Z says:

Now comes the most over used phrase during hurricane season
    “All it takes is .ONE….”

• Andrew says:

Levi: my wife (and fellow weather nut) says that they have had less than normal rainfall from the monsoon this year in central Thailand.
    I was wondering if there was any link between lower than normal rainfall from the monsoons in Thailand and lower than normal total of hurricanes in the Atlantic.

FYI, my wife says that rainfall has picked up there in a big way in the last week. Time will tell tropics

• Andrew says:

I was saying time will tell if tropical activity in the Atlantic basin picks up at the same time the monsoon became more active in central Thailand.

• J. D. says:

Texas needs a storm in the worst way. Is there any chance this will turn north and bring rain to our parched state. We have been losing 100 year old pecan trees on our place in the Brazos River bottoms for 3-4 years. PLEASE LORD BRING US A STORM

• Dave P. says:

Need new update Levi.been 3-days

• Richard says:

Update please

• Timezones:

• UTC: 6:28pm Sep 1st, 2014
    • EDT: 2:28pm Sep 1st, 2014
    • CDT: 1:28pm Sep 1st, 2014
    • ADT: 3:28pm Sep 1st, 2014
    • PDT: 11:28am Sep 1st, 2014
    Edit these timezones or add your own in settings.

All times on this page should be in your local timezone automatically if you have javascript enabled in your web browser. If not, they will be in UTC. The list of common tropical timezones above is for your reference.