This website's primary purpose is to be a home for Atlantic tropical forecast discussions offered by myself (Levi Cowan) and various projects I am developing related to tropical meteorology. My forecasts do not represent the prognostications of any government office. Please visit the National Hurricane Center for official information, some of which can be found on the current storm information page.
I have been tracking tropical cyclones closely since 2002, and am currently a graduate meteorology student at Florida State University. My curriculum vitae is available.Contact Information:
Questions, comments, and bug reports may be directed to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Known Issues and Bugs:
- This website makes use of CSS3 layouts and does not work on Internet Explorer < 11. Recent versions of all other major and mobile browsers should display pages properly. If not, feel free to email me about any problems.
- Blog posts sent to the mailing list have no text formatting applied to them. Use the links in the email instead.
- 7-7-15: Entire website updated to responsive layout. Internet Explorer < 11 and Android Browser < 4.4 no longer supported.
- 1-15-15: Snowfall maps now use a flat 10:1 snow to liquid ratio. A more complicated scheme estimating this ratio based on the NWS conversion table was utilizing too much computational power, and had to be disabled.
- 12-26-13: New page added for collecting historical tropical cyclone data. Season track maps for all ocean basins are available, along with various gridded climatology maps. More to be added as time goes on.